Base de connaissances
How to install Phpmyadmin ?
1. Ftp: Download the latest version from http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/downloads.php.
The latest version is at the top. You can download the .zip file.
2. ftp ::Extract the contents of the .zip file using a program like winrar.
Shell: tar -zxvf phpMyAdmin-2.9.0-rc1.tar.gz
3. [Optional] You may want to delete unneeded language files. This saves time while uploading. Go into ‘lang’ folder and delete all files except a) all the .sh files and b) the three .php files having names starting w/ ‘english’.
4. In this tutorial scope, we are going to have phpMyAdmin access and control all the tables in a single database that you are going to create.
a. Create a DB using cPanel
b. Create MySQL username and a password for this user
c. Assign all privileges to this user to access the DB
5. Edit the config.inc.php file.
a. Usually it is ‘localhost’.
$cfg[’Servers’][$i][’host’] = ‘localhost’; // MySQL hostname or IP address
b. Enter MySQL user you created in step 4 b.
$cfg[’Servers’][$i][’controluser’] = ‘MySQL_user’; // MySQL control user
c. Enter MySQL user’s password that you created in step 4 b.
$cfg[’Servers’][$i][’controlpass’] = ‘MySQL_pass’; // access to the
d. Save the file and close it.
6. ftp::Log into your web space using a FTP client and create a directory, say phpmyadmin under public_html. Upload all the content into the directory created.
Shell:: For the convient move the phpMyAdmin fodler to phpmyadmin using following command under your public_html folder
mv phpMyAdmin-2.9.0-rc1 phpmyadmin
7. Installation is complete. Simply point your browser to the directory where you installed phpMyAdmin and you should be able to start using it.
8. Important: Password protect the directory where you installed phpMyAdmin or else anyone will be able to access it! You can do that using the admin panel that your host provides.