The Service Manager area enables you to start and stop available services on your server. The following services are available:
- antirelayd – The Daemon controlling POP before SMTP
- clamd – ClamAV Virus Scanner
- entropychat – cPanel’s HTML-based Chat Server
- exim – SMTP Server
- eximstats – Daemon that monitors SMTP Bandwidth usage.
- httpd – Web Server (Apache)
- interchange – Shopping Cart (E-Commerce) Server
- melange – Java-based Chat Server
- mysql – mySQL Database Server
- named – name server (BIND)
- pop – POP3 Mail Server
- postgresql – PostgreSQL Database Server
- spamd – SpamAssassin server
NOTE: If you choose to disable this, you need to disable the SpamAssassin option from all customers as well. Refer to Tweaking Settings for more information on disabling this setting.
- syslogd – Daemon for logging system issues / activity.
- tomcat – Tomcat JSP Server (if installed).
- exim on another port – Run another copy of exim on a different port number, as some providers block 25, the standard port number.